Attack & Defense
Presented by: Greg McWilliams
- Individual skills needed for collective success
- Generating clarity with your players.
- Profiling & knowing your squad
- Attacking starter play systems & why different options
- Layered attack & why
- Coaching through questioning
- Maintaining control and building a score
- The tackle progression
- Defensive breakdown policy & why
- The collective system taking away attacking time and space & how
- Activities to improve individual and collective success
Connecting attack and defense in your weekly plan, painting pictures for your players to improve decision making and accuracy.
Atavus employs USA Rugby National Team coaches and athletes who stand for our philosophy and work together to develop our programming & curriculum.
Atavus Curriculum Developer
- Beating New Zealand as a coach at the Rugby World Cup in France 2014
- Atavus, USA Rugby, Yale Rugby, & IRFU
- Atavus Curriculum Developer
- Yale Rugby
- Men’s Collegiate All-Americans
- From Leinster, Ireland
- St. Michaels College
- Trinity College Dublin
- 2014 | Attack, Backs, & Skills Coach to the Irish Women’s National Team
- 2010-14 | Leinster U19 Coach
We pride ourselves on creating the best possible, player-centered experience for our athletes and now we are doing the same for you, the coach. This brand new program is designed with your development in mind and intended to be a hands-on experience you will enjoy. Please see below for details:
The first five coaches to sign up a group of 10+ players (using a Group Rate discount) will receive the following:
1. A free spot at our Connecticut Coach Development Course.
2. Exclusive behind-the-scenes access to meet with Atavus staff and discuss our coaching philosophy, camp scheduling, outcome-based learning and game-sense focused approach to our programming.
3. On-field access to shadow Atavus coaching staff during our Training Camp.
4. USA Rugby Academy powered by Atavus Coaching Polo
If you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, please click the button below.