This USA Rugby Academy Resident Camp will establish a strong technical foundation for game understanding, accelerated skill acquisition, and encourage athletes to apply their technique under increased pressure, and act instinctively in both attack and defense. Available for male and female athletes ages 14 - 19 (players are segmented by age and ability).
Early Bird Discount: Exp. May 1st Use code EARLYBIRD to get $50.
Commuter Rate: If you plan on commuting to camp, use code COMMUTER to remove rooming fee.
Our Coaching Philosophy
- Develop instinctive athletes
- Maximize player potential
- Prepare athletes to achieve their goals
- Train skills necessary for the modern game
Developing Modern Rugby Athletes
- Get behind the line: Step off both feet, and accelerate into space through contact.
- Maintain and preserve space: Pass off both hands at the right time, with the correct weight & manage their alignment, foot-speed & running lines to achieve the desired outcome.
- Create and manipulate space: Read the micro & macro cues of the defense.
- Give life to the ball: Keep the ball alive through offloading, inject energy with effective support lines, create fast ball.
- Manage defensive situations confidently, regardless of space and mismatches: Track & tackle effectively off both shoulders, and understand how to manage space to their advantage.
- Slow down opponent's attacking ball to regain advantage: Effective & deliberate actions post contact.
Arriving and Departing - Flying:
- July 11th: Arrive Bradley International Airport Before 11:20 am - Shuttle to Fairfield will depart at 12:30 pm
- July 14th: Depart Bradley International Airport After 3 pm
Arriving and Departing - Driving:
- July 11th: Player Checking-in 12:30 pm
- July 14th: Player Check-out 1 pm