Our 2017 Boys Resident Camp is open to 14-18 y/o athletes eager to develop their rugby skills. Advance with USA Rugby Academy; a one-of-a-kind rugby experience which allows athletes to grow as players and offers additional opportunities for exposure and experience. All athletes that attend Atavus programming automatically enter our player pool for Atavus All-Star selection for 7s competition opportunities such as the Las Vegas Invitational, NAI 7s, etc. The camp will end with matches between teams hand selected by the camp coaches to not only allow athletes to implement what they have just learned into live play but to further throw their hand up for additional selections.Our Coaching Philosophy
- Develop instinctive athletes
- Maximize player potential
- Prepare athletes to achieve their goals
- Train skills necessary for the modern game
Developing Modern Rugby Athletes
- Get behind the line: Step off both feet, and accelerate into space through contact.
- Maintain and preserve space: Pass off both hands at the right time, with the correct weight & manage their alignment, foot-speed & running lines to achieve the desired outcome.
- Create and manipulate space: Read the micro & macro cues of the defense.
- Give life to the ball: Keep the ball alive through offloading, inject energy with effective support lines, create fast ball.
- Manage defensive situations confidently, regardless of space and mismatches: Track & tackle effectively off both shoulders, and understand how to manage space to their advantage.
- Slow down opponent's attacking ball to regain advantage: Effective & deliberate actions post contact.