There has been a schedule change to accommodate watching the MTSU vs GA Tech Game at 1:00 pm. On Saturday, November 4th, the camp will run from 10 am – 4 pm with a lunch break from 1-2pm. Sunday will still run from 9 am – 3 pm.
Atavus Rugby Camp
Atavus Rugby Camp
This two-day USA Rugby Academy Training Camp will establish a strong technical foundation for game understanding, accelerated skill acquisition, and encourage athletes to apply their technique under increased pressure, and act instinctively in both attack and defense. Available for male and female athletes ages 14+ (players are segmented by age and ability).Our Coaching Philosophy
- Develop instinctive athletes
- Maximize player potential
- Prepare athletes to achieve their goals
- Train skills necessary for the modern game
Developing Modern Rugby Athletes
- Get behind the line: Step off both feet, and accelerate into space through contact.
- Maintain and preserve space: Pass off both hands at the right time, with the correct weight & manage their alignment, foot-speed & running lines to achieve the desired outcome.
- Create and manipulate space: Read the micro & macro cues of the defense.
- Give life to the ball: Keep the ball alive through offloading, inject energy with effective support lines, create fast ball.
- Manage defensive situations confidently, regardless of space and mismatches: Track & tackle effectively off both shoulders, and understand how to manage space to their advantage.
- Slow down opponent's attacking ball to regain advantage: Effective & deliberate actions post contact.
- 2014 USA 15s Women’s World Cup Team
- 2013 USA 7s Women’s World Cup Team
- 2012 USA 7s National Champion Winner and Tournament MVP - San Diego Surfers
- Atavus, Saracens, & Brown University
- Atavus Rugby Program Developer with USA Rugby Academy
- US Nationals 15s & 7s teams since 2007
- IRB 15s World Cup in 2010
- 2012: MVP National 7s Club Championship
- Current Club: Saracens Rugby - England
- Hometown: Montreal, Canada
- Playing rugby since 2000
- Brown University -Ice hockey and rugby while in school -Coached Brown women's rugby backs -2007: Collegiate Player of the Year -3 time All-American
- Directed Beantown Rugby Tournament
- Cofounded Boston Belles -(one of the 1st women's rugby 7s team in USA)
- First Rugby cap against Uruguay 2008
- Rugby World Cup 2011
- Professional at London Welsh RFC
- Atavus, Seattle Saracens, London Welsh RFC, & USA Rugby Eagles
- Education Coordinator at Atavus
- Assistant Forwards Coach Seattle Saracens
- WA Logger Assistant Coach
- From Bellingham WA
- Chuckanut Bay U19 and Men's
- USA U19, U20
- Golden Gate, Bayside Sharks
- NA4 West Team 2008
- Debut for USA, November-2008
- London Welsh RFC 2010-2012
- Trinity College Dublin
- High Performance Talent ID & Database Manager
Have other questions? Contact:
NICK EVANS | ATAVUS
Regional Manager – Southeast