This two-day USA Rugby Academy Training Camp will establish a strong technical foundation for game understanding, accelerated skill acquisition, and encourage athletes to apply their technique under increased pressure, and act instinctively in both attack and defense. Available for male and female athletes ages 14+ (players are segmented by age and ability).
Our Coaching Philosophy
- Develop instinctive athletes
- Maximize player potential
- Prepare athletes to achieve their goals
- Train skills necessary for the modern game
At Atavus, we train an Attacking mindset
by creating an environment where athletes see opportunity
and are encouraged to experiment
. We want every athlete to leave an Atavus program feeling inspired
and wanting the ball in their hands
. We focus on developing the critical the critical skills necessary for the modern game
with an emphasis on getting behind the defensive line using vision, awareness, and creativity. Our process is player centered
, driven from the why
. Skills are trained through a combination of technical execution, pressure, and context, using variable & deliberate arctic to accelerate skills development and fortify transfer from the training put to game
day.Developing Modern Rugby Athletes
- Get behind the line: Step off both feet, and accelerate into space through contact.
- Maintain and preserve space: Pass off both hands at the right time, with the correct weight & manage their alignment, foot-speed & running lines to achieve the desired outcome.
- Create and manipulate space: Read the micro & macro cues of the defense.
- Give life to the ball: Keep the ball alive through offloading, inject energy with effective support lines, create fast ball.
- Manage defensive situations confidently, regardless of space and mismatches: Track & tackle effectively off both shoulders, and understand how to manage space to their advantage.
- Slow down opponent's attacking ball to regain advantage: Effective & deliberate actions post contact.
Atavus employs USA Rugby National Team coaches and athletes who stand for our philosophy and work together to develop our programming & curriculum.
2016 USA Olympic Team Leader
- 2014 USA 15s Women’s World Cup Team
- 2013 USA 7s Women’s World Cup Team
- 2012 USA 7s National Champion Winner and Tournament MVP - San Diego Surfers
- Atavus, Saracens, & Brown University
- Atavus Rugby Program Developer with USA Rugby Academy
- US Nationals 15s & 7s teams since 2007
- IRB 15s World Cup in 2010
- 2012: MVP National 7s Club Championship
- Current Club: Saracens Rugby - England
- Hometown: Montreal, Canada
- Playing rugby since 2000
- Brown University
-Ice hockey and rugby while in school
-Coached Brown women's rugby backs
-2007: Collegiate Player of the Year
-3 time All-American
- Directed Beantown Rugby Tournament
- Cofounded Boston Belles
-(one of the 1st women's rugby 7s team in USA)
Atavus High Performance Coach & Midwest Regional Manager
- 2002-11 New Zealand Warriors (Club)
- 2002-11 New Zealand (Representative)
- 2012-15 St. Helens R.F.C. (Club)
USA U20s Head Coach
- High Performance Talent ID & Database Manager