Midwest | Boys High School USA Rugby Academy Resident Camp
From the moment you are picked up from the airport, we take care of everything with our all inclusive USA Rugby Academy Resident Camp. Accommodation, meals, multiple practice sessions per day, recovery sessions, performance presentations, and access to the best coaches from around the country are just a few of the highlights from camp.
360º Athlete Experience:
When we started our Resident Camp programming over 5 years ago, it was designed to mirror that of a national team assembly. Over the years, we have continued to develop and improve our programming and coaching to deliver our own unique 360º Athlete Experience which is like no other.
Our programming is designed to develop the modern rugby athlete and maximize player potential, whatever their goals may be. We aim to establish a strong technical foundation for game understanding, accelerated skill acquisition, and encourage athletes to apply their technique under increased pressure and act instinctively in both attack and defense.
USA Rugby National Team & Atavus Coaches
- Beating New Zealand as a coach at the Rugby World Cup in France 2014
- Atavus, USA Rugby, Yale Rugby, & IRFU
- Atavus Curriculum Developer
- Yale Rugby
- Men’s Collegiate All-Americans
- From Leinster, Ireland
- St. Michaels College
- Trinity College Dublin
- 2014 | Attack, Backs, & Skills Coach to the Irish Women’s National Team
- 2010-14 | Leinster U19 Coach
- USA Eagles - Rugby World Cup 2015
- Seattle Saracens
- Atavus, USA Rugby, Seattle Saracens, & Australian Barbarians
- Seattle Saracens
- Atavus Rugby - Program Development
- Atavus Regional Sales Manager
- Hometown: Cronulla, Sydney AUS
- Has played rugby since 1992
- Enjoys surfing and the outdoors
- 2013 USA National Falcon Squad (player)
- Australian Barbarians
- Southern District Rugby Club
- NSW Waratahs Academy
- ACT Brumbies Academy
- Australian College of Physical Education
We recommend you pack in a manner that enables you to carry your bag onto the plane rather than checking it. Doing this helps minimize problems with lost luggage and pick up times from the airport. If you need to check a bag, be sure to carry on your rugby kit!
Notebook and pen
Athletic or KT Tape (if you are required to be taped every day)
Swimsuit for recovery sessions
Additional Atavus kit (optional)
Casual clothes for free time
Recovery compression gear (optional)
Prescription medications (if any)
Personal water bottle
Toiletries and other personal items
Copy of medial insurance
Any extra snacks, protein, and/or supplements needed
Train on the official Atavus Rugby Strength Training program.
Each workout tells you exactly what to do in the weight room to train correctly for rugby and get in the best shape of your life.